Your Walk Today

Reiver

a walk along the beach with the wife, cold, no wind, noisy noisy sea, just perfect really. A Skein a Geese overhead (probably Pink Foot with the neat formation), some beach art. And for me the best bit walking back in the dark with noise of the sea and not much more than the white surf to see.

bw_3324.JPG

bw_3292.JPG

bw_3309.JPG

bw_3316.JPG

Spinney

Staff member
You've got some ace pics, Reiver, glad you joined in over here!

My walk yesterday, a few miles along the Severn. Pics nowhere near as good as Reiver's (but my excuse is the landscape doesn't offer the same opportunities!)
IMG_20171119_121018960.jpg
IMG_20171119_125934722.jpg
IMG_20171119_123636574_HDR.jpg

Attachments

Summerdays

You've got some ace pics, Reiver, glad you joined in over here!

My walk yesterday, a few miles along the Severn. Pics nowhere near as good as Reiver's (but my excuse is the landscape doesn't offer the same opportunities!)View attachment 360 View attachment 361 View attachment 362
Is that up by Arlingham? Looking at my photos that I'd say yes :okay:

IMG_3676.jpg
IMG_3677.jpg

And the hill with the clump of trees on the top (on your photo), is May Hill, that was pointed out to me on this walk and then I think it was the next one we did as a group together.

Spinney

Staff member
IMG_20171126_121813344.jpg
A few miles around the local fields and lanes today. Not very sunny, sadly.

OP
Reiver

Reiver

9.5 mile loop round Oxford taking in The Parks, Iffley and The Thames. The sky was blue but there was quite a sharp frost hence the walk rather than a ride. Oxford is now teeming with tourists which must be good for the economy.
View attachment 413
the last picture is some entrance, what is it ? too ornate for a castle and dont look like a cathedral

OP
Reiver

Reiver

It’s Christ Church in Oxford - one of the colleges. That photo is from the outside - Tom Tower - here’s a google image from the other side of it

View attachment 499
just looks amazing, do they still teach in rooms like that ?
and is that where the chariots of fire race thing was ?

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
just looks amazing, do they still teach in rooms like that ?
and is that where the chariots of fire race thing was ?
Yes, they still teach small groups and do tutorials in those rooms. Some of them will be student bedrooms as well. Nice place to study, isn’t it.

The Chariots of Fire run is round Great Court at Trinity College Cambridge. Very few people have done - just under 400m in 42 seconds, which is going a bit.

Top Bottom