Your Rucksack at the Summit Picture

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by Reiver, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Reiver

Reiver Active Member

Lets have those pictures of your rucksack at the summit cairn or trig point - here's one for starters

summita_0806.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. OP
    OP
    Reiver

Reiver Active Member

sack_0250.jpg
    Geal Charn - Drumochter

3. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I’ve looked through all my photos over the years and haven’t found a single one of a rucksack at a summit. I think I will have to start taking some :smile:

These are lovely, Reiver:thumbsup:

Spinney likes this.
  4. Regulator

Regulator Regular Member

That’s ‘cos you never get past the tea shop/pub at the base...

Rocky likes this.
  5. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

That might be true :whistle:

6. OP
    OP
    Reiver

Reiver Active Member

I remember many years ago, possibly in a walking climbing mag, long before internet forums, and someone was having a rant about pictures being completely ruined with rucksacks and coats etc been left in the shot, I very much agreed and have always done my best to make sure they are removed, so any I post here are mistakes, double mistakes as I usually just delete them when I find them. Since then I have noticed in hillwalking type forums many many picture of summit cairns 'ruined^_^' by rucksacks. So i'm sure some of you must have some somewhere. I'm not sure if I have any more and I have pictures of most of the Corbett and Munro summits.

Clearly my thread was inspired by the 'Bike in front of a gate' thread. But I do see a significant difference, people love their bikes, I doub't anyone loves there rucksack whilst out in the hills, my big bothying bag was an object of hate, too big and too heavy - I would never knowingly take a picture of that.

Rocky likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Reiver

Reiver Active Member

not a rucksack but heres my ice axe in a snow plastered trig point
    axe_4055.JPG

odav, Spokey Dokey, Spinney and 2 others like this.
  8. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ooh, I've got something a bit like that somewhere. Finding it's a different matter. (pics are from different trips)

I found this, will a Sigg bottle do instead?
    Somewhere in Scotland...
    DSC09245.JPG

View from West Top of Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan, Glen Affric area
    DSC09376.JPG

That's it for what's on my computer. Future procrastination will be looking through the files...

Rickshaw Phil, Reiver, Rocky and 2 others like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Reiver

Reiver Active Member

I'm struggling with this one ? it has a look of somewhere like Mullardoch Fannaichs Strathfarrer but I don't thnk it is. All those other people and that motorway of a bath suggests somewhere popular but can't think where
    Can I have a clue ?

10. Spinney

I was cryptic because I couldn't remember, not as a challenge!
    We were staying in Invergarry, so would not have travelled huge distances. The few in the folder that I bothered to label (mainly stitched together panoramas) are Beinn Bann, Meall nan Eun, Ciste Dubhe and somewhere above Loch Quoich. This was in 2012, so I doubt I'll remember any more than that!

11. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Regular Member

Ben Nevis - Rucky plus my dog Arnie (deceased). Rucksack just to the left of Arnie. He was pretty miserable being tied up but he had wandered a bit too near to the cornices for my liking.

Rucky.jpg

TVC, Glyder, Rickshaw Phil and 2 others like this.
  12. Spinney

Not sure if Painswick Beacon counts as a summit, being less than 300 m asl. But here, taken on purpose for this thread, is my rucksac in front of a trig point!
    IMG_20171218_141025783.jpg

Rocky and Spokey Dokey like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice