OP
Reiver

Reiver

sack_0250.jpg

Geal Charn - Drumochter

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
I’ve looked through all my photos over the years and haven’t found a single one of a rucksack at a summit. I think I will have to start taking some :smile:

These are lovely, Reiver:thumbsup:

OP
Reiver

Reiver

I’ve looked through all my photos over the years and haven’t found a single one of a rucksack at a summit. I think I will have to start taking some :smile:

These are lovely, Reiver:thumbsup:
I remember many years ago, possibly in a walking climbing mag, long before internet forums, and someone was having a rant about pictures being completely ruined with rucksacks and coats etc been left in the shot, I very much agreed and have always done my best to make sure they are removed, so any I post here are mistakes, double mistakes as I usually just delete them when I find them. Since then I have noticed in hillwalking type forums many many picture of summit cairns 'ruined^_^' by rucksacks. So i'm sure some of you must have some somewhere. I'm not sure if I have any more and I have pictures of most of the Corbett and Munro summits.

Clearly my thread was inspired by the 'Bike in front of a gate' thread. But I do see a significant difference, people love their bikes, I doub't anyone loves there rucksack whilst out in the hills, my big bothying bag was an object of hate, too big and too heavy - I would never knowingly take a picture of that.

Spinney

Staff member
Ooh, I've got something a bit like that somewhere. Finding it's a different matter. (pics are from different trips)

I found this, will a Sigg bottle do instead?
Somewhere in Scotland...
DSC09245.JPG

View from West Top of Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan, Glen Affric area
DSC09376.JPG

That's it for what's on my computer. Future procrastination will be looking through the files...

OP
Reiver

Reiver

Somewhere in Scotland...
View attachment 373
I'm struggling with this one ? it has a look of somewhere like Mullardoch Fannaichs Strathfarrer but I don't thnk it is. All those other people and that motorway of a bath suggests somewhere popular but can't think where
Can I have a clue ?

Spinney

Staff member
I was cryptic because I couldn't remember, not as a challenge!
We were staying in Invergarry, so would not have travelled huge distances. The few in the folder that I bothered to label (mainly stitched together panoramas) are Beinn Bann, Meall nan Eun, Ciste Dubhe and somewhere above Loch Quoich. This was in 2012, so I doubt I'll remember any more than that!

Top Bottom