What tents do people have?

Discussion in 'Gear, Equipment and Clothing' started by Rocky, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

odav and Drago II - the sequel like this.
  2. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Regular Member

Serious bit of kit!

I have a vango banshee 200 and also an original Force 10 mk5 with mountain groundsheet, which beleive it or not 2 of us have back packed with :headshake:

odav, raleighnut and Rocky like this.
  3. Andy_R

Andy_R Of dubious origin.... Staff Member

I've got a Vango Tempest 200 - £20 off ebay because the little ground sheet for the porch area is missing :ohmy:. Sometimes in summer I'll take my DD tarp and Frontline hammock.
    When me and MrsR go together we take an Omega 350, split between us.

odav and Rocky like this.
  4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

Ours hasn't been used for about 4 years :blush:

odav likes this.
  5. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

Got a cheap 2 man Hellfrauds job that is actually pretty decent, and a 6 berth Vango. I enjoy camping when the weather is agreeable, more so thatpn caravaning.

odav likes this.
  6. Reiver

Reiver Active Member

Laser Competition 860g - super lightweight super expensive and great providing its not windy,
    wildcamp_3167.jpg

And then there was this - Super cheap, Argos pro-action, thingk it was less than £20, it was highly recommended so I thought I would give it a go, it is may be 1.5kg but a much much sturdier tent than the super expensive one. May be the best tent I have ever owned. wildcamp_1451.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  7. odav

odav Guest

6 berth Vango for family use. Had it for about 7 years and it's still going strong despite being kept in a big galvanised storage box in the garden.

No longer have a hiking tent since I lost it last year! On the lookout for a new one, but in no rush before Spring.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Rocky and Drago II - the sequel like this.
  8. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of camping but I have enjoyed the time spent in a tent.

Rocky likes this.
  9. Summerdays

Summerdays Regular Member

Err does a huge Outwell Montana count :blush:. We usually go for walks when we are camping, especially as campsites are normally in or near fantastic places! We probably need to downside now the kids are all but grown up!

Rocky likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

Don’t downsize.....just take more stuff with you

Summerdays likes this.
  11. carlp

carlp Regular Member

8A5F15C3-4761-4B46-8F7A-56CDB1C90A44.jpeg
    This is ours.

We only started camping this year as a result of a challenge. We didn’t have a clue what we were doing.

We tried out in Devon for a couple of days then we went on a mini tour of France and Germany and camped at four sites. It was supposed to be five but one of them was horrible it looked like a shantytown.

We have a Quechella 4 man tent from Decathlon for about 190 quid. The first night we put it up, we had just got everything up and settled and an almighty thunder storm kicked off. But the tent was brilliant, not a drop of water came in. We put the kettle on and let it pass.

There was a bloke across the way in a one man tent sheltering from the storm with a big umbrella over the entrance to keep the rain out.

Summerdays, Lullabelle and Rocky like this.
  12. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

I'm thinking of getting one of those bivvies with the arch opening for a spot of wild camping.

hopless500 and carlp like this.
  13. carlp

carlp Regular Member

I’m too much of a scaredy-cat to do that.

Drago II - the sequel likes this.
  14. hopless500

hopless500 Member

Vango banshee 100 (tiny!) and an ancient 4 man frame tent (huge!).

Rocky likes this.
  15. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Regular Member

I have a terra nova super quasar in a nice red colour. This replaced a previous worn out quasar. Both have been bullet proof even in winds over 80 mph. Loads of head room inside and massive for two. Managed to get three in there with a squeeze...
    Also very quick to put up, even after rolling out of the Warren House Inn...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice