What piece of climbing/walking kit would you like for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Gear, Equipment and Clothing' started by Rocky, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

It's getting near to Christmas and I wondered what people were hoping they'd get given as a present. I've been dropping a few hints to Mrs R that I'd like a pair of new Salomon Quest boots.......let's see what happens :smile:

What's on your list?

2. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

A new pair of feet not succeptible to blisters...

Otherwise, not much in the way of walking kit. Chocolate is my favourite pressie to receive! :mrpig:

Spokey Dokey and Rocky like this.
  3. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Regular Member

I had Salomon with Contagrip soles for years but I think they must've changed the compound somewhere along the line. The last straw was a nasty slip on Slab & Notch, Pillar Rock. I never wore them again in the mountains but they are fine for straightforward mountain walking.

I've been wearing these for a while now and they are fabulous - slightly wider fit than Salomon.

They are extremely comfortable and the rubber sole strikes a nice compromise between grip and durability.

They have a standard insole that is far removed from the usual rubbish most boots are supplied with - almost in superfeet territory.

https://obozfootwear.com/en-gb/products/mens-bridger-mid-b-dry-waterproof

Rocky likes this.
  4. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

Some low ankle summer walking boots.

Rocky likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice