What are your walking plans for this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by Rocky, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I've decided to get fit for some nice walks in 2018, so I'll be doing a longish walk through Wytham Woods here in Oxfordshire.

What plans have other OCers got?

2. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

Walk to the fridge for a cold beer!

Got a walk planned for next week, weather permitting.

Rocky likes this.
  3. Summerdays

Summerdays Regular Member

None that I know of other than a quick local dander to the shops etc. If the weather turns out nice I could stick a pair of wellies on and head out along some muddy tracks I suppose.

Last week's walk on the Mendips was cancelled due to the predicted horrible weather on Saturday.

Rocky likes this.
  4. Beeny

Beeny Member

It's Saturday now, so it's 'Supermarket weekly shop' day! The excitement is pretty much invisible.

Thankfully, to avoid this regular but hellish event, I get Mrs Beeny to drop me and the dog off in a car park at the top of the Bude canal path, about three miles to the town centre and beach. We walk along the canal path which goes through a nice wetlands wildlife reserve area and then meet her somewhere when it comes out into either the town or at the beach ( I might possibly be sitting down for a cuppa and toasted teacake in a cafe at this stage).

She seems to think she's getting the rough end of the deal somehow, I remind her that I don't choose the weather and that it never seems to be 'her turn' to walk the dog.
    Ever.

Sunday we'll do the beach clean and generally take a circular cliff top walk if there's not too much of a hooley blowing.

Summerdays and Rocky like this.
  5. ColinJ

ColinJ Regular Member

I am having a quiet few days - no cycling, and just walking to the shops and back. My sister kindly donated her nasty wheezy chest infection to me when she visited last weekend. I want to try to avoid it getting a good grip on me; she has been laid up for nearly 3 weeks!

Which reminds me - time to nip out before it gets cold and dark outside.

6. OP
    OP
    Rocky

I hope you feel better soon, Colin :thumbsup:

ColinJ likes this.
  7. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

Deliveries...

My plan for tomorrow is just a walk round the local fields. Quite pretty in places, but nothing anyone would count as exciting! It will be muddy, though, so it is a 'proper' walk. ^_^

8. ColinJ

ColinJ Regular Member

Thanks. So far, it is only low-level spluttering and a mild headache but I don't want to push my luck.; I had 2 horrid colds earlier in the year. (This lurgy doesn't seem to be a cold because there are no nasal symptoms this time.)

The forecast for this (Sunday) afternoon looks quite pleasant so I might do a gentle 5 mile stroll to Hebden Bridge on the Rochdale canal towpath to meet friends for coffee, then catch the train home.

PS I have decided to cycle there and back instead because I have a few things I want to do first and I will be running short of daylight. Nice day for it, though a bit nippy - it has only just got up to 6 degrees and I think that will be the highest temperature here today. There was a frost last night (minimum -0.7 degrees).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Rocky likes this.
  9. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

Last weekend was a complete write off, stuffed full of cold so did nothing. Feeling better now but I doubt I will do much this weekend either, still short of energy :sad:

10. Lullabelle

From the look of the weather report we won't be going anywhere tomorrow.

11. OP
    OP
    Rocky

:rain::rain::rain::rain: here today and :rain::rain::rain::rain: tomorrow, sadly.

12. Lullabelle

I nipped out earlier to get a few bits from the shop, bitterly cold and the drizzle was icy :cold:

Rocky likes this.
  13. Lullabelle

We have snow here today.

14. OP
    OP
    Rocky

It’s snowing here in Oxford grrrrrrrr

15. Lullabelle

I suppose the upside to bad weather is that it gives us an excuse to cstch up on chores.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice