The Outdoors Chat Trig Bagger Thread

Unashamadly stolen from the other side...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-cc-trig-point-bagger-thread-now-incorporating-other-interesting-geographs.215788/

Well, I don't feel too guilty as I started the thread :laugh:

Post pictures of your visits to trigs, OS benchmarks, OS bolts, milestones, historic utilities markers, or other interesting geographs. Hell, even historic telegraph poles get a look in!

This thread has been a huge success on the other side, encouraging people to get out on their bikes, tick off the miles, and explore our glorious history. Lets see if we can achieve the same success here ;)

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
I've got four for you :smile:

Brackenbottom near Horton in Ribblesdale, Penyghent Trig Point, Pennine Way sign just out of Hardraw (very close to Buttertubs) and Whernside Trig Point

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59b5.jpg

W
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59c7.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5978.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5998.jpg

Spokey Dokey

The Helm - just on the outskirts of Kendal. I go here for a short walk now and then for the lovely views to the mountains and also (as here) out to Morecambe Bay.

The Helm.jpg

Spinney

Staff member
Trig point on Painswick Beacon, Gloucestershire
IMG_20171218_141002683.jpg

Detail of part of the plaque on the top
IMG_20171218_142648779.jpg

And a milestone in Painswick village
IMG_20171218_145141588.jpg

ColinJ

I don't get up to many trig points but I happened to spot one this afternoon on part 2 of my Boxing Day walk. Part 1 was round Centre Vale Park in Todmorden with my stepdaughter, her mum, husband, and dog. After that we were heading to Hebden Bridge and decided to go by 'the scenic route' over Bride Stones Moor, stopping up there to walk to the rocks and back to the car. It was fairly mild down in the valley but it was distinctly chilly up there exposed to the wind.

ColinJ at Bride Stones.jpg

classic33

I don't get up to many trig points but I happened to spot one this afternoon on part 2 of my Boxing Day walk. Part 1 was round Centre Vale Park in Todmorden with my stepdaughter, her mum, husband, and dog. After that we were heading to Hebden Bridge and decided to go by 'the scenic route' over Bride Stones Moor, stopping up there to walk to the rocks and back to the car. It was fairly mild down in the valley but it was distinctly chilly up there exposed to the wind.

View attachment 653
Stoodley Pike, Churn Milk Joan, Upper Slack, Little Stoodley, Heptonstall Water Tower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom