1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunrise or sunset?

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by Grayson, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Grayson

Grayson Regular Member

Any preference as a walker or photographer? Any areas where you've witnessed something spectacular?

2. Podali

Podali Member

Most definitely sunset. Quite simply because I am not an early riser and the sun has usually come up long before I get to my tea and toast.

I can't say I have really witnessed or captured any particularly spectacular sunsets, but on the rare occasions I am still out walking at sunset, I do feel a gentle calm descending along with the setting sun.

Regards
    Pod

3. Macron

Macron Member

Both, if that's allowed? On account of experiencing wonderful sunsets and sunrises over the years. I don't have any photos handy but if I remember will post a few later.

4. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

Sunset, the pubs are open. :blush:

Spinney likes this.
  5. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

Grayson likes this.
  6. Andy_R

Andy_R Of dubious origin.... Staff Member

As a photographer, sunrise. Our weather predominately comes from the southwest so lighting at sunset is much more reflection from clouds and "redder" than usual. Sunrise seems to look purer (if that makes sense), gentler, and lighter, to me when I'm taking photos. This is probably all bollox, but it's just how I feel. At this time of year you're also more likely to get inversions at sunrise, and they make for some amazing ethereal photos.

Spinney likes this.
  7. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

Sunrise, for me :smile:

The light seems to be the best at that time of the day......and no chance of bumping into @TVC who will still be in bed after las night's session in the pub.

Rickshaw Phil, Andy_R and TVC like this.
  8. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

Rude, but accurate.

9. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Member

Sunrise for me. Being an early riser has to have a few benefits doesn't it?

2017-11-05_10-24-18.jpg

2017-11-05_10-28-39.jpg

Rickshaw Phil and Spinney like this.