Sitting and looking and daydreaming

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by TVC, Nov 14, 2017.

1. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

The peace, the solitude, the challenge, the scenery are all reasons why we go out in nature, but where do you go to be still and be with your thoughts?

For me I can sit all day and just watch waves. The sound and the never repeating patterns can have me transfixed and my mind wanders off where ever it wants to go.

2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

You’ve just described my perfect day :laugh:

Lullabelle and TVC like this.
  3. Rocky

We used to have a cottage in a little village in the Dales. I just loved walking up the hill at the back towards the old Roman Cam Road and sitting looking down on the village. On a good day the whole of Wensleydale was in view - just beautiful. That was a place I could sit for hours on end.

Hill Wimp, Lullabelle and TVC like this.
  4. Rocky

Just found a photo of it

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17cf.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

That's the other thing, clouds as they lap over hills, waves of the sky I suppose.

Hill Wimp, Rickshaw Phil and Rocky like this.
  6. Rocky

Blimey, you are getting a bit philosophical this evening :whistle:

Rickshaw Phil, raleighnut and TVC like this.
  7. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

Waves, clouds, bees & other insects on a bush or hedge.

A log fire - I can sit for ages watching that. Especially with a glass of wine in hand. Bonfires/campfires not so much, as I get a roasted front, freezing back, and end up inhaling smoke!

8. raleighnut

raleighnut Regular Member

I love Derbyshire in the 'off' season though, far too many people in summer/autumn but in March/April it is pretty empty so pretty much anywhere I can sit down with a brew and just drift.
    My birthday is mid March so I'd always try and get a midweek wander in between that and Easter on my own and with minimal kit and always including my favourite Lathkill Dale.

Copy%20of%20LathKill_Footbridge.jpg

BTW the pic is a link to a walk blog written by someone who has done a far better job than I could manage.

EDIT - Peter Russell

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Reiver, Summerdays, Rocky and 5 others like this.
  9. Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp Regular Member

Waves, waves, waves for me. I am lucky enough to live close the the sea and no two glances at it are the same. We are due to travel up to see friends in the Western Isles in 2 weeks and I cannot wait. It will be my first trip and I really don't think it will be my last. The sea is a very inspiring place and has certainly got my creative mojo back thankfully.

10. Treewisemonkey

Treewisemonkey Member

Epping Forest for me and the New Forest for

TVC and Spinney like this.
  11. Treewisemonkey

Treewisemonkey Member

Holidays

Rocky, Hill Wimp and Spinney like this.
  12. Beeny

Beeny Member

Sunset at the beach, different every time. And my local is just a hop across the beach road, so a sundowner is necessary.

DSC06951-1 1.jpg

13. hopless500

hopless500 Member

And mine :smile:

14. Summerdays

Summerdays Regular Member

I could watch the waves or clouds, leaves blowing in the wind. Mostly it has to be an expansive view.... I hate to be boxed in and a sea of concrete around me would be horrible, that's why every city needs a bit of green space sprinkled throughout it.

15. raleighnut

raleighnut Regular Member

There is a lovely little park just off New Walk in Leicester (itself a traffic free route)

When I lived in Stoneygate I used it a lot to get into town and often had a quiet smoke in the park.

new-walk.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice