Sitting and looking and daydreaming

TVC

Staff member
The peace, the solitude, the challenge, the scenery are all reasons why we go out in nature, but where do you go to be still and be with your thoughts?

For me I can sit all day and just watch waves. The sound and the never repeating patterns can have me transfixed and my mind wanders off where ever it wants to go.

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
You’ve just described my perfect day :laugh:

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
We used to have a cottage in a little village in the Dales. I just loved walking up the hill at the back towards the old Roman Cam Road and sitting looking down on the village. On a good day the whole of Wensleydale was in view - just beautiful. That was a place I could sit for hours on end.

raleighnut

I love Derbyshire in the 'off' season though, far too many people in summer/autumn but in March/April it is pretty empty so pretty much anywhere I can sit down with a brew and just drift.
My birthday is mid March so I'd always try and get a midweek wander in between that and Easter on my own and with minimal kit and always including my favourite Lathkill Dale.

Copy%20of%20LathKill_Footbridge.jpg

BTW the pic is a link to a walk blog written by someone who has done a far better job than I could manage.

EDIT - Peter Russell

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Waves, waves, waves for me. I am lucky enough to live close the the sea and no two glances at it are the same. We are due to travel up to see friends in the Western Isles in 2 weeks and I cannot wait. It will be my first trip and I really don't think it will be my last. The sea is a very inspiring place and has certainly got my creative mojo back thankfully.

raleighnut

I could watch the waves or clouds, leaves blowing in the wind. Mostly it has to be an expansive view.... I hate to be boxed in and a sea of concrete around me would be horrible, that's why every city needs a bit of green space sprinkled throughout it.
There is a lovely little park just off New Walk in Leicester (itself a traffic free route)

When I lived in Stoneygate I used it a lot to get into town and often had a quiet smoke in the park.

new-walk.jpg

Top Bottom