Pennine Way in 2018

Spinney

Staff member
27 :eek:

Reiver

That’ll be the last day from Byrness to Kirk Yetholm along the border fence via The Cheviot.
I was past there the night and you will be pleased to know its sttill their for your free beer (do you still get a free beer at the end ?)
pwr_4639.JPG

clearly I wasn't walking the night

Summerdays

Do you do it on your own? And if so do you occasionally walk with others you meet on the day?

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
Do you do it on your own? And if so do you occasionally walk with others you meet on the day?
Mostly on my own although I’ve done it once with Mrs R and Gravel and once with Mrs R. I have walked parts of it with others and made two good friends with people I’ve met on the way.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
If you only had time to do a 3/4 day section what would bit you choose?
I'd go from Malham to Horton, Horton to Hawes, Hawes to Keld and Keld to Bowes/Middleton in Teesdale. This goes through the best bits of the Yorkshire Dales and there's plenty of variety with Malham Cove, Malham Tarn, Fountains Fell, Penyghent, The Cam Road, Great Shunner Fell, Keld waterfalls, Tan Hill, Sleightholme Moor.

Steve

I'd go from Malham to Horton, Horton to Hawes, Hawes to Keld and Keld to Bowes/Middleton in Teesdale. This goes through the best bits of the Yorkshire Dales and there's plenty of variety with Malham Cove, Malham Tarn, Fountains Fell, Penyghent, The Cam Road, Great Shunner Fell, Keld waterfalls, Tan Hill, Sleightholme Moor.
Ta, am pondering a few days but haven't done any of the way as yet.

Top Bottom