La Palma Walks

Discussion in 'International' started by Lakeslover, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Lakeslover

Lakeslover Regular Member

I am hoping to travel to La Palma, in the Canary Islands, in February, for some walking. Has anybody been and got any tips/routes to recommend please?

2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I've never been there but Amazon seem to list some guidebooks for walkers on the island.

Try this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Pa...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1WV4BGRKTZSRGV5RMMTV

Lakeslover likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Lakeslover

Rocky likes this.
  4. Cameron Page

Cameron Page New Member

Have you guys ever been to La Palma? I was planning our family trip to La Palma but I dont know much about this island. Were hoping to have fun at place were we can go hiking, surfing, and will offer us a wonderful scenery and I hope they have that. I've been reading an article about La Palma but i really want to hear what your personal experience to this island. Thanks!

5. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I’ve never been but I’m sure @Lakeslover will be along soon to let us know what it’s like.

6. OP
    OP
    Lakeslover

I’m off there in February and so will let you know my thoughts on my return. I’m not sure it is known for its surfing, but certainly walking and scenery appear to look fantastic.

Rocky likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Lakeslover

Well La Palma was simply astounding walking country. 3 walks done, reports over at “Your Walk Today”.

8. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Nemesis Ridiculii Staff Member

Indeed, the place is amazing with such a variety of landscapes in a relatively small island. I'd happily go back for more.:thumbsup:

9. Slowandsteady

Slowandsteady Regular Member

From the reports it looks like you had a great time. Was it cold? I know from visits to other islands in the Canaries that it can be very windy in exposed areas. Did this make it feel chillier or was it a warm wind?

Rickshaw Phil likes this.
  10. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Nemesis Ridiculii Staff Member

Where we were on the south-west of the island was nice and warm apart from one afternoon when some rain rolled in. It was pretty nice in the evenings too with a fleece only being needed for sitting out on the terrace once it had gone properly dark and even then, not every time.

Inland was different as the island rises very steeply (the nearest village was only a mile away in a straight line, but 1500 feet higher than the hotel) and it could be quite cool in places exposed to the wind which was really strong in some spots.

Lakeslover likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice