Is it me or is the weather on anyone else's nerves...

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by Daddy Pig, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Regular Member

Just thought I'd say this but down in darkest Devon the weather has been so bad this last 12 months I want to move to a warmer climate.

Anyone else completely hacked off in other parts of the country?

Grayson and Rocky like this.
  2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I'm in Oxfordshire and it's the same....cold cold cold, windy windy windy, wet wet wet.......grrrrrr. No 1 son is working in Fiji and that sounds like a good place to be.

Daddy Pig likes this.
  3. Rocky

The sun’s been out this morning. It’s chilly but lovely plus there’s only a 5mph southerly wind.....perfect for cycling. Which was what I did.

Daddy Pig and Grayson like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Regular Member

I can't remember the last time it didn't rain here....my cycling these days is on a turbo trainer.

Rocky likes this.
  5. Paulsb

Paulsb Regular Member

I retired last year and this has been my first winter of retirement. I think the weather has been awful since mid December, especially since mid January, but I’m unsure if I notice it more as I’m not working.

I won’t cycle in dangerous conditions. I’d guess 80% of our usual weekly rides, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday have been cancelled due to weather. I’ve two friends with bad injuries, one broken jaw and one collar bone which prove why bikes and ice don’t mix.

As walking is my second sport I’ve tried to walk more but even then we’ve had spells when it’s been too wet. Ten days ago I had a routine weekly weigh in. The weight had suddenly piled on. I’m now walking every day even if it’s just a “boots on, out the door” walk rather than something more adventurous.

The weather means I’m 600+ miles short of my cycling target but remarkably only 17 short on walking.

6. Grayson

Grayson Regular Member

Not just you. Can't wait for some warm, dry, sunshine days to replace the cold, damp and grey ones.

Daddy Pig likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Regular Member

Well, yesterday was the first day that it’s not rained here for as long as I can remember and today looks ok. Yesterday I watched the blue sky from my window as I recover from Norovirus.... typical! It’ll probably be raining again next week...

8. Rocky

Oh no!! Hope you feel better soon....spring is on its way (hopefully soon)!

Daddy Pig likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice