How many pairs of walking shoes or walking boots do you own?

Discussion in 'Gear, Equipment and Clothing' started by Tribble, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Tribble

Tribble Regular Member

Just out of curiosity how many pairs of walking shoes or boots do you have? :smile:

2. Glyder

Glyder Regular Member

One serious pair of Scarpas for hill walking. I used to have more, including some solid plastic winter climbing boots which were a nightmare to walk in but a single pair does me nowadays. I think mine are Mantas but the older leather version before the current ones. What I can't get over is the staggering cost of boots now, I hope these Mantas last a good few years yet.

3. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

Just two, one pair of boots and one pair of open mesh shoes for warm, dry weather.

4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

One pair of boots and 1 pair of shoes.

5. Lassie33

Lassie33 Member

One pair of walking boots.

One pair of walking shoes.

Some sandal type ones that I only wear occasionally.

6. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

3 pairs walking boots.

Cheap but comfy Gelert for bumming around, a pricy set of Highlanders for SAR work, and an old but still functional leather pair of unknown make.

7. Salad Dodger

Salad Dodger New Member

1 pair of Brasher boots.
    1 pair of leather walking shoes (Clarks)

8. odav

odav Guest

One pair of old leather walking boots.
    A pair of old hi tec fabric boots that are almost destroyed, but stay in the boot of my car for unplanned jaunts.
    A pair of lightweight fabric shoes.
    My pair of chunky sandals with toe guards for summer.

9. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

1 pair of 'normal' scarpas, in use
    1 pair of leaky scarpas, relegated to gardening
    1 pair of gore-tex lined fabric boots, now with a hole so they are only waterproof when wearing waterproof socks, kept for dry summer walks
    1 pair of scarpa mantas, virtually unworn - so stiff they make my feet hurt and so they live in a box in the utility room

no walking shoes

10. Summerdays

Summerdays Regular Member

One pair of boots, which are about 25 years old.... :blush:

But I'll walk in a variety of footware even the ridicoulus ... yes I have done some walks in Birkenstocks :whistle:

11. Alicat

Alicat Regular Member

One pair of new leather boots, the old ones being about to bite the dust.

One pair of glorified trainers for when I am expecting to walk mainly on tarmac. They too are about to bite the dust so when I have recovered from the cost of new boots I will treat myself to some walking shoes.

Summerdays likes this.
  12. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

This afternoon I bought a new pair of light weight walking shoes for our holiday later this year. We will be doing a few miles around Hong Kong so I want something sturdy but not too heavy. Got them from Mountain Warehouse, they sell some really good stuff especially t-shirts.

13. Smeggers II

Smeggers II Member

Summer Mammuts / Winter Scarpas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice