How do you deal with blisters? Pop and peel or leave them to heal?

Tribble

Assuming most of you have had at least one blister, if not more, how do you treat them?

Do you leave them to heal without bursting them? Drain and dress them? Or pop them and peel the skin off?

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
I usually pop them and cover the area with a Compede plaster. Having said that, if my boots fit and I've prepared well for a walk by doing some longer distance training, I don't usually get blisters.

Spinney

Staff member
I usually pop them and cover the area with a Compede plaster. Having said that, if my boots fit and I've prepared well for a walk by doing some longer distance training, I don't usually get blisters.
This ^^
Except that I often get blisters even with well broken in boots.
The thing to remember with compeed is not to try peeling it off unless you want all the skin that was the surface of the blister to come off with it.

Daddy Pig

Sort it before it gets to that stage.
I had all sorts of problems, I have heel spurs. I used to use various boots, but my meindl leather boots give me a great fit, really nice soft leather.
If I do get a rubbing, I use elastaplast tape which works far better than compeed etc.

furball

I pop, drain then cover blisters. After a couple of days the outer bit of the blister has dried out and can be cut off.
Popping and draining under controlled conditions is better than leaving them to burst themselves when they are more likely to get infected.

Top Bottom