Hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gritstone, May 29, 2018.

1. Gritstone

Gritstone Member

Hi there, I'm new to the forum so thought I'd best introduce myself.

I live in the North West of the UK, just North of Manchester to be more precise. I enjoy walking, hiking, cycling and camping. Not so keen on heights but I'm getting much better.

I've recently become a dad, so walking will be somewhat more gentle with the wee baby strapped to my chest in the carrier for now, but hope she starts loving the outdoors as she grows up too as we enjoy the outdoors as a family.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

:welcome:

Gritstone likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Gritstone

Gritstone Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I asked Shaun to change my username from stonechat to Gritstone (thanks by the way!). I realised there was an active Cycle Chat user with the name Stonechat, I'm not him and didn't want to cause any confusion.

Gritstone comes from the 'Derbyshire Gritstone' breed of sheep, a now rare breed which was bred to thrive on the hills of the High Peak and is now found across the Pennines.

The new name seems apt as I grew up on the edge of the Peak District and now find myself living on the edge of the Pennines.

4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

What a great place to live ^_^

5. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Nemesis Ridiculii Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice