Headtorch experiences and recommendations

Discussion in 'Gear, Equipment and Clothing' started by Cartable, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Cartable

Cartable Regular Member Staff Member

If you use a headtorch ... which ones have you found fit and work the best?

2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I've got a Petal Reactik Rechargeable Reactive head lamp. It cost £70 from Amazon. There's a lot of paths and alleyways round here with no lighting and I take this with me for night walks. I also use it for my usual trip up the canal towpath. It's got a good life (spec says 15 hours). A potential downside is that it's rechargeable (also a plus IMO) and so on multi-day trips a power source is needed. It's comfortable and weight-wise very light to wear.

611k4jU-BXL._SL1000_.jpg

Cartable likes this.
  3. Kevkev

Kevkev Regular Member

HeroBeam® LED Head Torch - Best Pocket-Sized Headlamp for Running, Dog Walking, Fishing, Biking, Camping, Watching Nature, Reading, Cycling or DIY - White/Red Lighting Modes - Lightweight, Comfortable and Weatherproof - includes DURACELL Batteries - 5 YEAR WARRANTY

Their header says it all and so many 5 star reviews and less than £20 - Amazon

Cartable likes this.
  4. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Regular Member

What do you want it for... there are many to choose from. I like my petzel nao as I can set different power setting for my needs and also have the reactive lighting.
    That may be overkill though....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Cartable likes this.
  5. odav

odav Guest

I replaced mine last year with a Cree Lightway I found in Aldi. Very inexpensive and perfectly adequate. Has one led and uses AAA batteries. Came in a pack including a torch.
    DSC_1094.JPG

Cartable and Rocky like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Cartable

Cartable Regular Member Staff Member

odav, Daddy Pig and Rocky like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice