Game: do you know your mountains?

Spokey Dokey

A game to play for the seasoned mountain goer - identify the mountain.

Post a picture of a mountain located anywhere in the UK and ask other members to identify it.

Or, provided the location of where the picture was taken from is also a mountain, ask the members to identify that mountain instead.

First to answer correctly gets to go next.

No stock pictures, they need to have been taken by you or you need to have been there when it was taken by a member of the group that you were part of.

If you answer correctly and have no picture of your own just indicate that this is the case and the next go is on a first come first served basis.

Let's start with something easy:

Which mountain summit was this picture taken from:

Where.jpg

Reiver

its Sgurr a Mhaim in the Mamores, taken from the top of the Ben.

the ridge just behind it is Eagach, then Bidean, and the distant (top right corner) is Probably Starav in Glen Etive

Last edited:

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
In theory, we should wait for Spokey Dokey to say whether Reiver is right. He showed us that pic in the CC mods room, so I'm not entering that one. But looking out a suitable pic is a splendid procrastination exercise for later in the day!
Yes, sorry I got so excited about the game that I couldn’t even wait my turn. Apologies all round :smile:

Spinney

Staff member
I think rulz is meant to be broken sometimes!
I give you this as one that is easy-peasy if you've been there, probably a bit harder if you haven't.
DSC00295.JPG

DSC00296.JPG

OP
S

Spokey Dokey

I think rulz is meant to be broken sometimes!
Tut tut! ^_^

Reiver

A classic Scottish Hill
at_3568.jpg

bonus point if you can name the hill making the distinctive shadow

Spinney

Staff member
I wondered that. I just thought 'think of a spiky Scottish mountain'.
If it is An Teallach, I have walked the cowards path around the top - not enough of a head for heights to do the real spikey bits!

Top Bottom