1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness

Discussion in 'The Bothy (off topic)' started by LeeDonny, Oct 20, 2017.

1. LeeDonny

LeeDonny New Member

Outside of walking do any of you do anything else to keep fit?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Not really, no. I find that if I walk regularly I don't need to do anything else. I work close to home so most days I walk to work and back home, so I suppose I get more of an opportunity to keep fit than a lot of other people who have to drive to their offices.

3. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Regular Member

Used to do nothing but walk as a postman but only really started to get fit when i took up cycling. Since jacking in the post though my fitness as dropped :wacko: so as well as upping the recreational rambling i like to go swimming and visit the gym, mainly to row.

4. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

I cycle, but as most of my rides involve cake half way and a beer at the end, I'm not so sure they help with fitness.

Now the winter nights are here I will get my running shoes back on, strange but I only enjoy running when it's cold and dark. When I say running, imagine a Bassett Hound in full flight - lots of movement, very little progress.

5. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

I went out for a run this morning, this video pretty much sums it up.

6. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I cycle as well. I try and get out on the bike at least four times a week although as winter draws on, it's getting harder and harder. I used to run but my knees aren't brilliant and so I've given that up.

7. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

Cycle, run, light gym work.