Fitness

Phoenix

Not really, no. I find that if I walk regularly I don't need to do anything else. I work close to home so most days I walk to work and back home, so I suppose I get more of an opportunity to keep fit than a lot of other people who have to drive to their offices.

oldfatfool

Used to do nothing but walk as a postman but only really started to get fit when i took up cycling. Since jacking in the post though my fitness as dropped :wacko: so as well as upping the recreational rambling i like to go swimming and visit the gym, mainly to row.

TVC

Staff member
I cycle, but as most of my rides involve cake half way and a beer at the end, I'm not so sure they help with fitness.

Now the winter nights are here I will get my running shoes back on, strange but I only enjoy running when it's cold and dark. When I say running, imagine a Bassett Hound in full flight - lots of movement, very little progress.

I cycle, but as most of my rides involve cake half way and a beer at the end, I'm not so sure they help with fitness.

Now the winter nights are here I will get my running shoes back on, strange but I only enjoy running when it's cold and dark. When I say running, imagine a Bassett Hound in full flight - lots of movement, very little progress.

I went out for a run this morning, this video pretty much sums it up.

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
I cycle as well. I try and get out on the bike at least four times a week although as winter draws on, it's getting harder and harder. I used to run but my knees aren't brilliant and so I've given that up.

Top Bottom