Edit option Missing

Lakeslover

Hi, I’ve started to put together a post in the pre-publication area, and gone back to it to add photos, but I can’t find an edit option anywhere? How do I do further work on the post please?

Spinney

Staff member
Hi
I'm assuming you haven't got a blue edit option below the post you are trying to edit?
upload_2017-11-5_19-5-28.png

I've tried fiddling with your permissions, but I'm not sure what I've tried to do will fix it. I'm afraid you might have to wait until @Shaun is back on line.

I can see the Edit link in my own post in there that needs working on, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as moderators have a slightly different set of permissions.

OP
Lakeslover

Lakeslover

Hi
I'm assuming you haven't got a blue edit option below the post you are trying to edit?
View attachment 185
I've tried fiddling with your permissions, but I'm not sure what I've tried to do will fix it. I'm afraid you might have to wait until @Shaun is back on line.

I can see the Edit link in my own post in there that needs working on, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as moderators have a slightly different set of permissions.
Your changes have worked, thanks, as the edit option is now there. Many thanks

Shaun

Staff member
Thanks for sorting @Spinney :biggrin:

This was an oversight on my part. I forgot to allow a longer editing window for the pre-publication forum.

I've changed it now to 'Unlimited' so you should be able to take as long as you need. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Paulsb

I haven’t found the pre-publication forum but have noticed I don’t have an edit option in the old posts I have made. I can’t for example correct spelling or punctuation errors. There is the option in new ones.

I don’t have a delete option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ColinJ Site Support 1