Edit option Missing

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Lakeslover, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Lakeslover

Lakeslover Regular Member

Hi, I’ve started to put together a post in the pre-publication area, and gone back to it to add photos, but I can’t find an edit option anywhere? How do I do further work on the post please?

2. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi
    I'm assuming you haven't got a blue edit option below the post you are trying to edit?
    upload_2017-11-5_19-5-28.png
    I've tried fiddling with your permissions, but I'm not sure what I've tried to do will fix it. I'm afraid you might have to wait until @Shaun is back on line.

I can see the Edit link in my own post in there that needs working on, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as moderators have a slightly different set of permissions.

3. OP
    OP
    Lakeslover

Lakeslover Regular Member

Your changes have worked, thanks, as the edit option is now there. Many thanks

4. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

5. Shaun

Shaun Active Member Staff Member

Thanks for sorting @Spinney :biggrin:

This was an oversight on my part. I forgot to allow a longer editing window for the pre-publication forum.

I've changed it now to 'Unlimited' so you should be able to take as long as you need. :okay:

Cheers,
    Shaun :biggrin:

Summerdays likes this.
  6. Paulsb

Paulsb Regular Member

I haven’t found the pre-publication forum but have noticed I don’t have an edit option in the old posts I have made. I can’t for example correct spelling or punctuation errors. There is the option in new ones.

I don’t have a delete option.

7. Shaun

Shaun Active Member Staff Member

That is due to how the usergroups work. As you post more your permissions and time limits are expanded. However, on review, the new member limits were a bit tight for editing so I've modified it and you should be able to see the edit link for posts up to 30 days old now.

8. Meta lon

Meta lon New Member

Edit is very useful for my posting skills

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice