1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you prefer walking alone or with other people?

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by Podali, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Podali

Podali Member

I generally walk on my own, enjoying the fresh air, exercise, and solitude and whilst I'm not unfriendly to other walkers who say hello or want to occasional chat, I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much if someone else was with me.

I suppose a big part of that is being used to being on my own. Independent. Not having to think of others needs and not having to adjust to suit other people's abilities, preferences, tiredness, interests, etc.

How about the rest of you? Do you prefer solitary walks or do you get more out of walking if you're part of a group?

Regards
    Pod

2. Harriet

Harriet New Member

For me it is definitely with other people. It's good for my fitness but I treat it as a social event too, something to look forward to. New friends, some different conversations than I have with my colleagues and family who I see all the time. I don't think I would enjoy walking on my own really.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Actually, I like both. I'm quite happy and comfortable with keeping my own counsel when I go for walks with the camera, but I couldn't do it on my own all the time as I enjoy the company of others too much. It's also quite nice to talk to other people about the photos they have taken and compare shots over a spot of lunch and a beer or two. :smile:

4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

It is generally just me and my husband. We both like to walk in relative silence, enjoy the surroundings and unwind.

Shaun and Spinney like this.