Do you have a favourite Christmas record

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Music and TV' started by Lullabelle, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

Ok, I know it is still only November and this may divide many but do you like any partiular Christmas record? For me it is Wizard 'I wish it could be Christmas Everyday' and Slade ' Merry Christmas Everybody' upbeat and cheerful.

Are there any that you particularly don't like?

Summerdays and Regulator like this.
  2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I rather like this one by Greg Lake......it's a bit cheesy but I was 19 when it cam out. I was having a lovely time in life. I was at university and exploring life for the first time. In fact I remember working for the Post Office night sorting to earn some money and this was played constantly throughout the night on the depot radio (together with Bohemian Rhapsody as I recall).

3. OP
    OP
    Lullabelle

I forgot about this one, it doesn't get played very often. I like it too :smile:

Regulator and Rocky like this.
  4. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

The best Christmas song ever written. FACT!

John Otway.

Shaun and Rocky like this.
  5. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

6. OP
    OP
    Lullabelle

Thankfully I work in the office so I don't have to put up with records being played over and over and over..

raleighnut likes this.
  7. Summerdays

Summerdays Regular Member

I like lots of Christmas songs when I'm in the kitchen cooking Christmasy food. I can hate all of it when I'm out shopping and I'm being blasted with it constantly. I'd hate to work in one of those shops where it was on all the time in the LONG run up to Christmas.

As for the best: Fairytale of New York, Do they Think its Christmas, Merry Christmas Everybody basically the old favourites that you know the words to and that take you back to memories of a time in the past.

8. OP
    OP
    Lullabelle

Our neighbour has just been singing jingle bells to her grand-daughter, well, I say singing she cannot hold a single note :laugh:

Summerdays likes this.
  9. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

Singing Jingle Bells in November? At this rate we'll be singing Christmas songs all year round.

10. OP
    OP
    Lullabelle

I know a lot of people like Fairytale Of New York but to be honest I never really liked it, it may have something to do with the fact that when I worked on the shop floor the record would be played 2-3 times a day every day from mid-November onwards, soon got sick and tired of listening to it.

Summerdays likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Lullabelle

It is way too early but that is how some people are I suppose. Over the past few days walking home I have noticed a few more houses trimmed up,

Drago II - the sequel likes this.
  12. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

Not a 'Chistmas Record' in the sense of the others, but this:

raleighnut and Shaun like this.
  13. Shaun

Shaun Active Member Staff Member

Never heard of him, but like this - bonkers and catchy all in one! :smile:

TVC likes this.
  14. Shaun

Shaun Active Member Staff Member

15. raleighnut

raleighnut Regular Member

Shaun likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice