Do you ever walk barefoot?

Discussion in 'Low Level Walking and Rambling' started by Tribble, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Tribble

Tribble Regular Member

When you are out and about walking in the countryside do you ever go barefoot?

2. Slowandsteady

Slowandsteady Regular Member

No, it’s not for me. Can’t say I’ve ever tried it either, even in the summer when it’s warm I’ve never been tempted to go barefoot. I just don’t think I’d like the feeling, the bottom of my feet are sensitive, so it would probably feel completely “wrong” for me.

Do your feet toughen-up if you walk barefoot a lot then? And what about winter, surely you don’t walk barefoot in the cold?

3. Podali

Podali Regular Member

No. When I see the glass, rubbish, cans and other detritus scattered around I'm glad of the protection of my boots.

4. Macron

Macron Member

Not something I've thought about or tried. Always use footwear of some description or other; breathable shoes in summer, boots in winter.

I suppose I might give it a try were I ever to go to somewhere like Africa, of some place where it was dry and the locals walk barefoot all the time, but not here in the UK.

5. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Nemesis Ridiculii Staff Member

It's never occurred to me to be honest. Living in an area where hawthorn hedges are common and having had a hawthorn penetrate a boot :blink: I'm not sure it's for me really.

Tribble likes this.
  6. classic33

classic33 Regular Member

Croagh Patrick once. But then that's the way it's supposed to be done

7. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Regular Member

Only on the beach and occaisional cliff top.

Tribble likes this.
  8. Andy_R

Andy_R Of dubious origin.... Staff Member

The Pilgrim's way on Lindisfarne - knee deep in mud in someplaces, but good fun barefooted!

Tribble likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Tribble

Tribble Regular Member

:eek: seriously? Through a boot? Are they that sharp. Ouch!

10. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Nemesis Ridiculii Staff Member

Yes. It gave me a heck of a surprise as well. Admittedly they weren't top quality boots (I think it was a pair of Hawkshead branded ones, but it's quite a while ago now), even so it's not something I'd have expected.

Tribble likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice