Do any of you take panorama shots of the places you hike through?

Discussion in 'Outdoor and Wildlife Photography' started by Grayson, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Grayson

Grayson Regular Member

Just thought I'd try one to see how the forum deals with the width?

windowslivewritercreatingpanoramaswithanycamera-e699pano1-3[1].jpg

2. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Member

001.JPG
    A not so grim Grimwith Reservoir

3. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Member

4. ripio

ripio Member

St Mary's Loch, Scottish Borders.
    Fuji X10

2017-10-30_07-47-35.jpg

5. Andy_R

Andy_R Of dubious origin.... Staff Member

And you didn't use an HDR setting to obtain a perfect exposure of sky and land with the sun in the foreground.......joking apart, that's a very nice capture of what the eye would see. Well done.

NorthernDave likes this.
  6. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Member

7. Andy_R

Andy_R Of dubious origin.... Staff Member

I took a group of Cub and Beaver Scouts along that way recently - Dunstan Steads to Craster along the top of the ridge and then back along the shoreline. They loved it, especially when a pod of dolphins turned up in Embleton Bay at the end of the walk. I convinced them I'm actually a world renowned dolphin whisperer.

8. ripio

ripio Member

Sunrise over central Scotland from summit camp on Ben Ledi.
    Fuji X10.

DSCF1285_Snapseed.jpg

DSCF1290a_Snapseed.jpg

9. Spinney

Spinney Well-Known Member Staff Member

So that's what Ben Ledi looks like without snow on it!

Lovely photos.

10. Reiver

Reiver Active Member

I used to do quite a lot of panoramas from the top but they don't come out too well on this site as it reduces the width to screen size, they need to be about twice the width of the screen so you can move back and forward along them
    this one from the top of Maoile Lunndaidh is about 2700 wide, but comes out poor when reduced in width
    check out the eastern ridge of Lurg Mhor (left most) what a spectacular ridge, I would love to walk that but getting to the bottom of it would be a logistical nightmare.. I have done Lurg Mhor but from the Bearness side, I must one day see if I could get a ghillie to take me over to Pait Lodge but I have heard they're no too keen on the walkers. It would be a cracking couple of days making my way back round Monar taking in the likes of Sheasgaich, Tharsuinn, Chaorachan.
    p7617.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Rocky and Rickshaw Phil like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice