Compact camera for hiking/running. Tried Canon, heard good things re: Nikon - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Outdoor and Wildlife Photography' started by WiltshireWalker, Oct 30, 2017.

1. I'm after a little compact for hiking/running - any recommendations? I usually have a canon but I've heard good things about nikon lately.

2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

To tell the truth, I’ve given up with traditional cameras and now use my iPhone. It’s waterproof and fairly robust in its case. The pictures are reasonable although the digital zoom isn’t brilliant. I always have it with me and it fits nicely in a bumbag or trouser pocket. I took this picture this morning on my walk

297E935E-DAB8-475E-94E1-87519A817D2D.jpeg

Good luck with your search.

Rickshaw Phil likes this.
  3. Glyder

Glyder Regular Member

If you're using it for running and walking I'd suggest one of the tough cameras which are out, droproof, waterproof, crushproof, freezeproof and can be used in an emergerncy to shelter you from rockfall. Ok, I made the last bit up but........check out the Panasanoc Lumia range, then Canon and Fuji.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice