Boots for Wide Feet!

Discussion in 'Gear, Equipment and Clothing' started by Paulsb, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Paulsb

Paulsb Regular Member

I suffer with my feet! I have broad, flat feet and wear an NHS insole and 5mm riser on my left foot. This solves all my problems in day to day footwear provided I buy extra wide or G fit shoes.

When it comes to walking boots I struggle badly. I recently received a great deal of help from Cotswold Outdoor - service was outstanding - who ordered in a pair of Hanwag Women’s Bunion Boot. I’m not joking.

Sadly these were almost perfect but probably needed to be a fraction wider. These boots were £185 so I wasn’t prepared to take the chance.

I mainly walk low level undulating routes with occasional forays on to the Lake District fells - 2/3 a year.

Recommendations on brands, or even specific boots, which would be worth considering would be great. Preferably leather.

2. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I too have wide feet and seem to get on well with Brashers. It looks like Berghaus have taken over production of the Hillmaster range. I’d recommend you try on a pair of these.

3. Regulator

Regulator Regular Member

Some of the Meindl boots come up wide. Pricey- but the comfort is worth it.

Daddy Pig likes this.
  4. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Regular Member

I have wide and flattish feet and side spurs on my heels.... I’m on my second pair of Meindl boots and have never looked back. Compared to my old pair of Scarpa’s the difference is like day and night. The leather is super supple and offers extreme comfort.

Paulsb likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Paulsb

Paulsb Regular Member

Yep. I bought a pair before Christmas. They took a while to break in but now are very comfortable.

TBH they were way out of my budget but as they can be resoled I felt I could justify the cost.

Daddy Pig and Rocky like this.
  6. Regulator

Regulator Regular Member

Just bought myself a new pair of boots - Meindl Megan GTX. I had to go up to a size 13 to get the right fit.

Daddy Pig likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice