Anyone the Offa's Dyke Path

pubrunner

It's a very big if, but I'm considering the feasibility of running the entire route of the Offa's Dyke path in 2019.

I've run many sections of it and I raced the Offa's Dyke 15, but I've never done the full route.

Anyone done it ?

ColinJ

I think you need to add 'run' to the thread title! :okay:

Spinney

Staff member
Blimey - first I've heard of it (and as a mod, I often do hear of things a little before they appear!). I wonder if Shaun's spreading himself too thinly here!
@pubrunner, do you want to add 'run' to the title? I walked it in 3 four day trips, that was enough, but then my runs are usually only 2-3 miles! :sad:

OP
P

pubrunner

@pubrunner, do you want to add 'run' to the title?
I didn't want run in the title, cos although I'd like to run it, the norm is to walk it - so I'd like any opinions from walkers on what the route is like. I'd like to do it South to North. I live about 30 yards from Offa's Dyke and I really must get around to doing it whilst I'm reasonably fit and able.

The other day, I was out walking the dog along Offa's Dyke; we met a guy well-loaded with camping gear - heading South . I asked him if he was doing the full Offa's Dyke Walk. He laughed, and told me that he was doing the full Offa's Dyke Walk . . . . . . . which he was incorporating as part of the much longer John O'Groats to Land's End Walk that he was on. He said that he had allocated himself 11 weeks to complete the lot. I rather envied him - a great way to see the UK IMO.

Spinney

Staff member
Fairy nuff. Short answer is 'varied'! A few bits with muddy fields, a few bits of soggy moorland, some wet forest...

To be fair, some lovely woodland as well. It's difficult to say 'what the route was like' for a 12 day walk.

Top Bottom