Anti-chaffing cream

Discussion in 'Gear, Equipment and Clothing' started by Tribble, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Tribble

Tribble Regular Member

Talking to someone yesterday about soreness in the upper thigh and groin area on long walks (where underwear sits in the creases and rubs) and wondered if anyone uses anti-chaffing cream and what products you'd recommend?

2. Drago II - the sequel

Drago II - the sequel Regular Member

I got the chub rub back in the summer at Eurodisney. On my feet 12 hours a day in mid 30s Celsius heat, sweating like a fat man at a buffet, my vegetables were rubbed red raw. Mrs D had some stuff that was nothing short of miraculous. Soon as she gets in I'll find out what its called.

3. Old Man

Old Man New Member

I do a bit of cycling.
    Muc-Off do a product
    CC Chamois Cream slap it on.
    Not had a problem when used.

Tribble likes this.
  4. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Regular Member

I'm assuming you're a guy? Apologies if I have got that wrong.

I'm not sure that slapping cream on your tender intersections (!) is the best way to solve this problem. Comfy pants may well be the answer.

I find Boxers are better than Briefs and high wicking Boxers are best of all.

Grab a pair of these, they are very soft and silky with no seams in critical areas - v.comfy!:

http://www.bawbags.com/mens/boxers/cool-de-sacs.html

They are a bit lairy in design but whose going to see!

They also do them for ladies too.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Tribble likes this.
  5. Drago II - the sequel

Lanacane.

Tribble likes this.
  6. Kevkev

Kevkev Regular Member

Vaseline or Chapstick (wipe before using on lips after!) and Sudocrem for healing but never had a problem.
    You can also try turning the offending underwear inside out as the stitching/edging could be the culprit, however, this is an interesting thread lets see where it goes!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  7. OP
    OP
    Tribble

Tribble Regular Member

Thanks for the product recommendations, and some interesting ideas about clothing. I know in cycling sometimes you don't wear underwear under your gear? Is that right? Would that apply to walking too or is that cycling specific?

I'll ask about what sort of trousers they were wearing - are walking trousers fitted to be a bit baggier around the groin area then? To stop them rubbing?

8. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Regular Member

Aqueous cream mixed with e45 cream a few drops of lavender oil and a few drops of tea tree oil. Witch Hazel as well if you have it. Makes a great and cheap alternative to proprietry chaffing/ chamois creams.

9. Drago II - the sequel

Yep, when I'm cycling I don't wear knickers under my skirt.

10. Andy_R

Andy_R Of dubious origin.... Staff Member

You just couldn't help yourself could you. I now need mind bleach.....xx(

odav likes this.
  11. odav

odav Guest

Photos or it didn't happen......actually, nah, it's OK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice