A 'British' phenomenon ?

Discussion in 'General Walking Discussions' started by oldfatfool, Oct 28, 2017.

1. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Regular Member

I say British but have noted it in Scotland :tongue: as well, no matter how high or how tough the walk or hike, regardless of the amount of kit it is deemed required to complete, when walking in the British Isles I can guarantee at the summit or hardest point of any climb/ walk/ ramble or expedition there will allways be, without fail, a frail little old lady dressed only in tweeds and a pair of brogues walking a small dog.:wacko:

2. TVC

TVC Active Member Staff Member

That sounds very familiar. Another one is the car park hidden behind the summit. I have often completed testing climbs, especially in the Peak District, to be greeted at the top by families in shorts and flip flops who have strolled the 100m from the council run car park on the other side of the ridge :rolleyes:

3. Rocky

Rocky Regular Staff Member

I’m thinking of getting some tweeds and a dog just so i can follow you around @oldfatfool.

4. OP
    OP
    oldfatfool

oldfatfool Regular Member

I have always wanted my very own stalker:crazy:

Rocky and TVC like this.
  5. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Regular Member

@Rocky

Kill two birds with one stone:

tweedy.jpg

Beeny, robjh, TVC and 3 others like this.
  6. Beeny

Beeny Member

I think my dog has been moonlighting...

20171003_141832sml.jpg

I am not little, old, female or wear tweed though.

7. Summerdays

Summerdays Regular Member

He or she is lovely:okay:

8. Beeny

Beeny Member

Her name is Gwynnik, a Cornish word for 'little white thing'. A year old and with endless energy. Jack Russell and Chinese Crested Powderpuff (I know, I had to look that up too) cross, so we call her a Russellpuff...

Summerdays, Spokey Dokey, TVC and 2 others like this.
  9. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Well-Known Member

Don't encourage him :rolleyes:

Rocky likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice