‘Sup?

Spinney

Staff member
Sounds like an epic adventure! My long distance walks are confined to a max of 20 miles in a day, so I can't really help much with that challenge, but good luck to you sir!

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
Hi Carl - welcome :smile:

Good luck with your training for the Race. It looks really interesting. I've done the Trailwalker across the South Downs several times - it's a similar distance.

OP
carlp

carlp

No, I hadn't made the connection......I'm having too many of these senior moments
Thought I’d give it a go, not doing a lot of cycling, less than 500 miles this year, but I’ve done five half marathons.

Rocky

Regular
Staff member
Thought I’d give it a go, not doing a lot of cycling, less than 500 miles this year, but I’ve done five half marathons.
It always helps to have a target for one's training. Are you going to walk or run it or a mixture of both? Trail running takes a bit of getting used to - the uneven surface is very different to the roads and there's the challenge of navigating. The one thing that might help is spending some time reccying the route a few times between now and July.

OP
carlp

carlp

It always helps to have a target for one's training. Are you going to walk or run it or a mixture of both? Trail running takes a bit of getting used to - the uneven surface is very different to the roads and there's the challenge of navigating. The one thing that might help is spending some time reccying the route a few times between now and July.
We’re going to walk/run it we live very close to the Ridgeway and have trained on it a few times when getting ready for running events, so I expect we’ll be up there a lot more come January.

In addition we’re doing a half marathon in Hawaii ( yes really) in April so I’ve got to get ready for that too.

Top Bottom